Congratulations, Mr President. You just had whitening therapy for your laser teeth. But please, to be able to achieve the best results, you should protect your new white teeth properly. read the full post
The following points are tips that will help you keep your teeth whiter after treatment:
- By now you may know that many dentists are suggesting that you start the teeth whitening procedure for maintenance at home. Note to always cover your whitening gels once you do, plastic cap to maintain the strength of the gel on your teeth.
- Hold the whitening gel always in a calm, dry place.
- Try to avoid such acidic foods and drinks such as citrus, as this will make your teeth sensitive (throughout the whole treatment).
- Sensodyne can help you overcome the pain of sensitivity to the teeth. When you’re getting your tooth whitening procedure, you can use this toothpaste instead of the regular ones.
- At least try to minimize the consumption of tobacco, caffeine, soda, red wines or any other foods and drinks that cause teeth to stain during and after the teeth whitening procedure.
- Do not overdo putting too much blanching gel on your whitening tray as this can cause irritation of the gum.
- Do not drink or smoke while wearing your teeth whitening tray. When you take the tray off a few times during the process, you will distort your tray.
- Do not skip your routine when you are using your home whitening kit to hold your whiter teeth. Skipping only one day or two will disrupt the whole cycle.
- It’s natural for the tooth’s neck (a section close to the gum) to lighten up a bit longer. But don’t worry; this, along with other parts of your teeth, will appear normal at the end of your treatment.
- Expect your teeth’s shade to keep on lightening after a week or two of using home teeth whitening kit.
Also, you must also visit your dentist regularly for check-ups. You know, they suggest that you go in every six months… However, if you find any issues during your teeth whitening treatment it would be best to ask questions. Always, follow the instructions as labelled with care. Making positive is better than sorry. Patience is, lastly, a virtue. Don’t expect results straight away. If you want a lot lighter teeth, then you need to wait for results. Good luck!