Hiring a concrete contractor instead of laying concrete yourself is always a good decision because working with concrete requires some experience and special equipment. There are few general tips we can provide you with so you can avoid problems and hire a reliable contractor.Do you want to learn more? Visit stamped concrete charlotte nc.
You can start you search for a contractor by asking you co-workers, friend or neighbors for recommendations. Check out the concrete work that was done for them, how it looks today, how long ago it was done and in what shape the concrete is right now. If someone you know is happy with their concrete project, contact same contractor to arrange a meeting.
Another good place to find a contractor is local concrete supplier stores. They definitely know all local concrete contractors and can give you recommendations. Some stores have their own concrete contractors’ team and you can get an appraisal at no cost.
Before you hire a contractor make sure to ask them few questions to see how experienced contractor is and if he has all necessary licenses and ability to get permits. Here is a list of question you need to ask your potential contractor:
• How long have they been laying concrete and installing pavers?
• Can they provide you with references from previous jobs?
• Can you contact their references and inspect the jobs?
• Check their liability insurance certificate and proof of Worker Compensation Insurance
• Will they provide a written, itemized proposal that includes starting and completion dates, demolition and excavation paving and base materials, taxes and terms of payment?
• Do they guarantee their work for one year? Will they return in a year to inspect it?
Good concrete contractor should be able to answer all these questions. Before signing the contract, read through it one more time to make sure all aspects of the concrete project are covered and your concrete contractor can start on it.